Saturday, June 6, 2009

Number 1 Reason

I have been pondering my number one reason for homeschooling? I am having a difficult time choosing, but here is what I have come up with:

1. I want my kids to experience life.

Simple and to the point, but I really mean it. I don't want them to color in pictures of turkeys at Thanksgiving...but instead to visit a turkey farm and learn about the life cycle, breeds, foods, etc. of turkeys. I want them to raise a turkey, if they so wish. I want them to travel and really live life. I don't want my kids calculating "story" problems in a workbook...but instead going to the store and calculating how to feed the five of us on $15 a balanced dinner. I want real life to be at their fingertips during every second of the day.

I want them to have endless stories of places they have visited, people they have met, and questions they have answered. I am unsure if you can get this in any type of enclosed building housing thirty kids for 7 hours a day, 180 day a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment