Sunday, February 28, 2010

Schoolwork

Georgia has begun doing "schoolwork" out of a large preschool workbook that I bought at Costco. Mainly it is just tracing lines and letters with some coloring thrown in. I let her do it when she feels like it and she often says she needs to do her schoolwork. She often gets frustrated at writing the letters, but is getting quite good at writing the letter "O" and recognizing 23 out of 26 alphabet letters.

I bought her this for two reasons. One, many of her friends are now attending preschool and talk about school to her. I wanted to give her a reference for schoolwork and be able to converse and have a sense of what they were talking about. Secondly, I think that letter recognition is invaluable and it doesn't hurt to give her opportunities for this as well as to develop her fine motor skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment