Wednesday, April 1, 2009

French Story Time

Today I took the kids to a local story time, spoken in french. In theory this sounds lovely, educational, and sophisticated. In reality it wasn't. I suppose we did sing the "head and shoulder's" song, which even I could do. Georgia mainly twirled around looking at everything besides the books being read. Theo had a poo in the middle so I had to excuse us, find a changing table, and then change him. It wasn't the most educational of experiences but I suppose it met us where we are at.

I do feel like we got the following out of it:
1. to expose Georgia to other kids of varying ages
2. to hear another language spoken by a native speaker
3. to seek out free and unusual activities in our community

Upon reflection, I realized that Kate could be speaking some french to them at home. I will be asking her to sing french songs to them and using some simple sentences/words with them. We have a french speaking resource in our own home~what a find!

Will we go again? Probably, since it is a monthly activity (first Wed. of the month). It has to get better and/or easier...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment